Saturday, March 15, 2008

My first paintings!

I was on my way to Albertsons when I noticed these gorgeous paintings. There was a man standing outside selling art. I am a sucker when it comes to art so I stopped to look. These two caught my eye, especially the Pairs one. He showed me how true artist had painted them not computerized oil paintings. They are amazing. I knew that Marshall would kill me if I bought them ( for $300) so I put it on my budget grocery card! I was hoping to wait a couple days to ease Marshall into it so I hide the paintings under Andrew's bed. I mean who is going to look under there , right? So the next morning I hear Andrew getting up dragging something into my room. I guess he was looking for a lost toy and found a better prize. "What are these , Daddy?" He asked Marshall. " I don't know what are those , Aimee." Marshall replied back. I almost died. He was mad but maybe because the paintings are so great he stopped being mad or maybe it was my charm. Anyway, I am very excited to own my own artwork.

3 comments:

Ben and Sandee said...

don't you love when your kids rat you out! I love the painting on the top, very nice, very nice.

Kyle said...

beautiful paintings & funny story :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your blog! Great pictures! Also, I cracked up about the painting story. They are very pretty...I love paintings too.