Sunday, June 29, 2008











Marshall overcame his fear of heights, at least for 15 minutes that is. I am over the top lets do something crazy and he is more sensible and careful so we balance each other out. I had wanted to go para sailing for my birthday when we came to CA. Marshall not so sure. So when we arrived in Newport and stepped on the beach what did my wondrous eyes should behold but a para sailor right in front of us and conveniently the phone number on the back of the shoot. It was a sign!!! I called a couple of days later after much persuasion from Marshall. He had decided to come with me on the boat but as we approached the parking garage (because there is no parking), Marshall says "maybe I'll come up with you." I was blown away. I wanted to go up by my self as a personal thing. So we decided to go separately after several minutes of peer pressure. The anticipation of getting ready, being strapped on to this " air balloon" was so exciting. The last thing the instructor said was, " It's going to be a blast!" And then I was up 450 feet over the ocean. Nothing can compare. Once you get to the top (450) feet and you are idle for a few seconds it is so peaceful. The only other time you will ever feel that way is when you become an angel and get to sneak down to earth to remember all of the serenity it holds. All I could do was smile. When I came down my cheeks actually hurt. So Marshall put on a brave face or rather a paniced one. (See picture). As they reeled him in he had this innocent grin and a face as white as the shirt he was wearing. But he had an unbelievable time. Then we got a close up tour of the sea lions. We were so close I could touch them and contemplated it. We had our own experiences but we did it together. I am so proud of you Marsh! It was a huge personal achievement for me. I can cross that one of the list of things to do. Up next, skydiving.

3 comments:

Ben and Sandee said...

That's looks like so much fun! You are quite the woman! I'm glad that you had fun and hope that you go to relax too! It's a little better then the beach pool!

PerryParty3 said...

Wow! Parasailing! That sounds awesome! What a fun couple you two are!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks wicked cool. It makes me wan to try, maybe.