Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sorry. I meant to explain the last post.
My grandmother grew up in a children's home most of her life. She was the middle child of three girls. The Woodmen Circle children's home was in Sherman Tezas. It was a home for those that were insured with the Woodmen Circle life insurance.
Marshall and I ventured to Sherman when we were in Plano. When we got there, we ended up getting lost but passed an antique store that was also a visitor center. When I asked the ladies up front if they knew anything about the home, they directed me to this dresser that had all sorts of odds and ends in it. But Alice gave me a scrapbook made by a lady who grew up there and was in fact her good friend. As I flipped the pages I saw several pictures of my grandmother. She didn't have any pictures of her in the home.
The kind people let me take the scrapbook to make copies.
When I got back Alice had called the lady whose scrapbook it was and we made plans to meet her for dinner.
Margerie is a lovely lady and remembers every thing. Her sister and my greandmother's sister were roomates in the home. I am so thankful for all the people who helped me get to know who my grandmother was.

0 comments: